JennysReads

A Girl With a Story

I need books like I need air. I also like to the write them too, and hope to see them on the library shelves. I also have an unhealthy love of all things Teen Wolf.
The Testing - Joelle Charbonneau I received this book from Netgalley. I think it is inevitable to compare this to the Hunger Games and Divergent with the similar dystopian concepts and "training" that goes into these type of events/games. It is almost like this book is a hybrid of the two. However, a big difference, at least in regards to the Hunger Games, is that the main character Cia wants to be chosen for the testing, and is honored to be one of the privileged few who get the chance to participate. It is then, when she is in the midst of the testing, that Cia realizes that all is not as it appears to be. If you like both the Hunger Games and Divergent, and crave something similar, give this book a chance. If you want a new take on the current dystopian books, you might be disappointed. I did enjoy the book when I was reading it, but I also wanted more from the story.