JennysReads

A Girl With a Story

I need books like I need air. I also like to the write them too, and hope to see them on the library shelves. I also have an unhealthy love of all things Teen Wolf.
False Sight (False Novel, A) - Dan Krokos Dan Kroko’s False Memory was an amazing and unique read last year, so False Sight had quite a lot to live up to. For the sequel, Krokos takes a sharp left turn and completely changes the writing style for this second book in the series. Krokos spends a majority of the novel really diving into the mythos of his world and the motivations behind the characters. Instead of the uncertainty and non-stop action that readers grew to expect in the first novel, this one was more of a slow build that lined up the chess pieces for the thrilling conclusion in the series. A major plus for False Sight is that the readers are already familiar with Miranda and her friends. False Memory gave readers a chance to root for Miranda and help her on her journey to discover who she is and her capabilities. Krokos spends time in this novel developing Miranda’s relationships and her growth in character. He then picks up the speed quite unexpectedly with intensely detailed action scenes, and even a few flesh eating monsters thrown in the mix. I really loved the changes that Krokos made for this installment in the series. As a reader, I can tell that he knows and cares about his characters. It makes me want to read more and anticipate their actions. Triologies seem to be the new “thing” in YA, and while I can understand why, as a reader it makes me squirm and want to know how it all ends!